Wednesday 8 May 2013

Warriors of Chaos – army progress # 7 – Chaos Ogres, Daemon Prince and Spawns


Since my last post I have bin able to get in one more game with my beloved High Elves against Inger Helene’s Dark Elves (before the new Army Book came). This time I got it right, but it took a Dragon to do it… More on that later.

I have had yet another 10 productive days/evenings. Again keeping in line with the colours on my Chaos Marauders and Chaos Warriors, I went with pale (sick) skin tones, dark reed and “dark steel armour”.

First out a picture of my unit of Chaos Ogres, 12 models strong (full command). The share size of the weapons, I guess I can field them as armed with Great Weapons (using the models with “steel fist” in the front rank), ore as armed with two hand weapons.

As you guys now, if a "Chaos Champion" kills its opponent in a challenge, he has the possibility to turn into a Daemon prince or – Spawn. The Daemon prince was a very nice model to build and paint. Lots of detail. I went for a design without to many spiky bits and “add on´s”.
A movie that really gets to me is “Silent Hill”. And when I started to design my two Spawn models I wanted to try to mimic the disturbing creatures and "poses" seen in this film.

With only a couple of weeks to my first game with this army, I have already base coated the next unit I will finish. When starting painting this army I swapped to "dual priming" with a twist; black undercoat (spray) followed by a wash of “Burnt umber” and Scorched brown diluted heavy with water (and some EZ flow improver).

Cheers,
Ørnulv

3 comments:

  1. Ogers look great with the chaos Shield.
    The Three other modells looks so mean that I think I`ll have a nightmare tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaos ogres. Very nice. I like the job you have done with the swords. That gave them a real Chaos touch. Also their gut plates make them stand out from other ogres.

    ReplyDelete