Sunday 28 April 2013

Warriors of Chaos – army progress # 6 – Chaos Warriors, Sorcerer Lord and Exalted Champion


I have had quite a good paint progress the last two weeks. Keeping in line with the colours on my Chaos Marauders, I wanted the cloaks dark reed and the armour in "dark Steel".

  
Close up pictures of the units/models:

My Lv4 Sorcerer Lord and the Exalted Hero (BSB). Since the Lord has a stat line that includes chaos armour, and the fact that these guys are deadly in close combat (and can hold their own), I decided to use a "standard model" as the base for my “design”.

20 Warriors of Chaos with Hand Weapon and Shield (full command).

20 Warriors of Chaos with Halberd and Shield (full command).
 
What unit to paint next….

Cheers,
Ørnulv

3 comments:

  1. Great job. I can see a "Mordor" touch on the banners. Was it planed or just happed.
    It will be interesting to face this army soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback!

    “Mordor” – yes, it kind of happened…. As I am sure you have spotted by now, I have gone with my own “undivided” colour scheme. This will enable be to try out and switch between the blessings from the Chaos Gods. I needed a gruesome, yet neutral design. Remembering the “Mordor” banner designs I looked them up in my old books, decided to leave out the “red eye”, focusing on the “terror masks”. Think it turned out ok….(?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! I like the fact that the red color you used on the pants of your other models also are on the cloaks.
    The banner looks mean in a very good way:)

    ReplyDelete