Wednesday 11 December 2013

High Elves – Archers – army progress # 2


I have Archers from my original army build, but I would like to try out fielding more of them. Why? It seems everyone regards High Elf core units as mediocre, suggesting that Reavers (fast cavalry) and Silver Helms should fill the whole of the Core slot. I see the cost/value, but for me it is all about fielding ranks of Elves. Last edition I used 2 units of 30 Spears, time to test something new. If it does not work at all, well, I guess it will end with me buying more Silver Helm models…..

It was actually quit difficult to find the right colours to use, most of the army was buiolt and painted 6-7 years ago. Since then my old paint jars had dried and none of the GW colours back from that time exists anymore. Anyway, this is how they turned out:

Next – Reavers



Cheers,

Ørnulv

5 comments:

  1. They look really nice! As always you have done a great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive level of details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I remember very close to "the old ones". Looking good
    The Spearmen are still very good in blocks. Silver helms is good too but field another role.
    For differet shooting options have you tired sky cutters? or Sisters of Avelorn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent considered the Sky Cutters yet, mainly because I think the models are a little "over the top". But who knows, mayby down the line. The sisters is a unit I will explore at some point, but I guess I first will evaluate my new list (if it works).

      Delete